The 25 years of experience gained in the translation industry has taught us that a standard workflow is followed fastidiously for translation services just like any other manufacturing industry applications. Therefore, Referans Translation Services has established a standard workflow and procedures in order to achieve a sustainable high service quality.
The procedures are strictly followed from A to Z by all the staff to give route during the long and tiring journey of a document from one culture to another. The procedure steps below are applied according to the nature of the source content.Linguistic production steps in a translation project:
Some of the brands we are carrying out localization for:
- Evaluation of the products/services: Satisfactory field knowledge on the products or services for which the documentation is produced is crucial. All members in the team taking charge in the project from the Project Manager to the layout designer should be aware about what sort of products or services they are working on and what their functions are. Therefore, a Project Manager gathers up his/her team and gives them a seminar after having a concentrated examination in the premises if needed.
- Terminology Development: A dedicated glossary is prepared for the project documentation. The terminology includes the terms which all the translators who are involved in the project will use throughout the project. Especially for large volume or long term projects in which more than one linguist are assigned, the glossary gains importance since it avoids inconsistencies and different interpreting. The list of terminology prepared is validated by customers experts. Sometimes customers submit a predesigned glossary. In this case the translation team acts according to the customer supplied glossary.
- Translation: Translation is the core step of the production procedure. In accordance with the validated terminology, translation is performed by specialized translators in their fields and reviewed before passing to the next step.
- Proofreading: In order to achieve a high quality translation, proofreading is a must after the translation stage. Referans Translation Services uses proofreading stage as a standard to all tasks according to internationally approved standards. DIN 2345 and SAE J2450 are among these. Proofreading is done by a second linguist as a standard.
- DTP: Documents such as brochures, catalogues, etc. which are printed to reproduce after language related work is done are taken through a Desk Top Publishing stage. Any images, photos, drawings, icons, etc. within the text are scanned or produced to reposition on their original locations in order to produce the original page layout. Our team is highly experienced in using SDL Trados filters for a faster and more efficient production of the same for original lay out documentation.
- Editing: Editing stage has an important role especially for marketing materials. An expert linguist with copywriting qualifications takes charge at this stage. The main purpose is to give the translation an aspect to address the target audience in the light of cultural considerations.
- Quality Assurance Check: Documents with completed graphic design need to be checked one more time over the lay out copies. This is a cross check at the same time in order to confirm the wording and the images are located correctly throughout the document and the translation suits the text boxes supplied. Thanks to the language technologies, we are able to conduct a QA check automatically over the text beforehand by TagEditor QA Checker.
- Validation: The completed documents are submitted to the customer for validation. For the customer validated documents, it is the time for invoicing.
- Project Completion: When all the stages are completed, the Project Manager gives Project Completion Approval. The validation and the related texts are delivered to the Operation Department.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information about L1ON Solutions offered by Referans Translation Services.